Sunday, April 10, 2011

As I Recall You Gave Me Nothing At All

LAAAAAAAATE on this one. Apologies. My song of the week, for the week ending on April 3rd, is Erik Hassle's "Sometimes When It Rains." As far as I am concerned, this man can do no wrong. At first, I was weary, for his latest mini-album "The Mariefred Sessions" left me less than impressed on first listen, but now, 2 weeks on, I'm finding it hard to play anything else. Borrowing from the Robyn school of having a depressing song with an amazingly dancey beat, we have "Sometimes When It Rains." In fact, this sounds EXACTLY like a Robyn song. How can you not love a lyric like "You said that you would give me it all, as i recall you gave me nothing at all."?

Plus, here's an awesome acoustic version of the song coupled with another Song Of The Week from this year in acoutic form, "Are You Leaving"

No comments:

Post a Comment