Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Couldn't Shake Loose, Not From You, Not From You

The 30th of May sees the release of Nerina Pallot's new album "Year Of The Wolf." From this, her fourth album, we have her lead single. "Put Your Hands Up" as my Song Of The Week. I usually have an mp3 way before I ever decide to watch a song's video, but in this case, a HQ mp3 hadn't leaked yet, so I just settled on watching the video instead. I've been a fan of Nerina since her 1st album dropped back in 2001, LOVING songs like "Patience" and "Blood Is Blood," which still get a fair amount of play on my ipod. She even did a dance track with Delerium, which left me all sorts of excited cuz you KNOW how I love me some remixes. Anyways, one viewing of this video had me hooked, as usual the simple context of people breaking into song/dance in everyday life oft will for me. The fact that the lyrics tell tale of a "I didn't know I was looking for love until I found you" sorta situation even better. For awhile there, I would find myself singing a mash-up of Nerina with Kylie Minogue's own "Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love) [From the album APHRODITE, where Nerina wrote both the title track and one other], but not Nerina's in the one "Put Your Hands Up" that's got A List playing in my head right now.

ALTHOUGH, you will be Hand-Pressed not to fall in love with Kylie's tune after watching this PS22 duet.

And while I'm at it, here's the Nerina penned Kylie track "Aphrodite"

No comments:

Post a Comment